Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I just had to share this

This joke was forwarded to me.. and I think it is just hilarious.. I want you all to laugh too...

AND
(Anyone who has ever dressed a child will love this)

Did you hear about the teacher who was helping one of her reception class pupils put on his boots?
He asked for help and she could see why.
Even with her pulling and him pushing, the little boots still didn't want to go on.
By the time they got the second boot on, she had worked up a sweat.
She almost cried when the little boy said, 'Teacher, they're on the wrong feet.. '
She looked, and sure enough, they were.
It wasn't any easier pulling the boots off than it was putting them on.
She managed to keep her cool as, together,
They worked to get the boots back on, this time on the right feet.
He then announced, 'These aren't my boots.'
She bit her tongue, rather than get right in his face and scream,
'Why didn't you say so?' like she wanted to.
Once again she struggled to help him pull the ill-fitting boots off his little feet.
No sooner had they gotten the boots off when he said, 'They're my brother's boots.
My Mum made me wear 'em..'
Now she didn't know if she should laugh or cry.
But she mustered up what grace and courage she had left to wrestle the boots on his feet again.
Helping him into his coat, she asked,
Now, where are your mittens?'
He said, 'I stuffed 'em in the toes of my boots.'

She will be eligible for parole in three years

5 comments:

DanielB said...

Those old mittens with the string attached to them were a big hassle to put on and take off too.

Samantha said...

But at least you couldn't stuff them in your boots without someone noticing the string!

Samantha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah L said...

I absolutely LOVE this little story. Not only is it hilarious but it also reminds me of a conversation I just had with my Mum about the kind of role and responsibilities we have as teachers. Dressing kids in Kindergarten/grade 1 before they go out to play for lunch, recess, and after school is a pretty powerful process, as were are building relationships with our kids, and learning a lot about them and their families, as we see from this little story!

mtn man said...

As I was reading this it reminded me of the closing key note speaker at the West CAST conference that I went to. The key note told us all that she believes that we all need to be stupid!!! Not think that you know it all. If a student is telling you something don't tell them oh ya I know, just be quiet and let them explain it to you.