My sister sent me this video and I found it incredibly inspiring. It made me think about how I would answer that question. I think all teachers should watch this video! :)
Taylor Mali: What teachers make Video on TED.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I just watched the video (I really love this format of the blog- with hyperlinks to sites videos and posting images) and found it very poignant and entertaining. It's a very direct (poetry)3 minute commentary on "the ways of the teacher." Isn't that great how poetry can do that?! So the next time someone asks you what teacher make at the dinner table...you know what to do. :)
I actually answered this question in the same way one day when someone asked me " what do teacher's make anyways? can't be much when you get all that time off" I said well let me address the last part of the commen first we might have alot of time off but we work for it... all that planning, thinking, time, and a job that goes well beyond 9-5 or 8-4 becasue we spend time making a learning a rich expereince for your children... WE make a difference... and there is no amomunt of money in the world that can pay for that!
I thought this was so neat... it was well said and well addressed... :)
Thanks for sharing... and yes Peter we do know what to say at the dinner table don't we... this video will always stick in my head... short and sweet and to the point... that's what counts!
I totally agree, we make a difference. We are helping to build tomorrow! We plan for learning we plan for success. Teachers need to be offices, judges, politicians, roll models, experts, learners and friends!!! Teaching isn't just one profession it’s the grouping of many professions. Every teacher is different and that may differ on what groupings of professions they may be and through this how they can relate to their students. Its how the world affects you and what you see and make of the world around you that goes into making/building a difference/tomorrow!!
Teaching is, according to a few people I've talked to, the hardest but most rewarding profession you can have. We provide stability and routine in kids' lives who otherwise might not have any sort of stability in their home lives. They get up in the morning hopefully looking forward to coming to our class. If I look back at some of the most influential people in my life, 2 or 3 of the 5 biggest influences are teachers. I think that's part of the reason why I got into the program, I want to be able to make a difference in just 1 kids life and help that individual push beyond their potential and succeed.
Post a Comment