Saturday, March 20, 2010

A bit of inspiration


I stumbled upon this... and I think this is something we all need at this point in the semester... it's a bunch of teacher quotes with some music playing while you read them and I thought it was something you would all appreciate... there are so many quotes included here about that, I am sure there will be one there that will speak to you... enjoy!


3 comments:

Brock said...

This is a great example of how all we need sometimes is a simple reminder of why we started on this journey to get us back into a positive frame of mind (I think we can easily forget when things get a tad overwhelming). "I like the quote: Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and lead a trail!" It reminds me of the Robert Frost poem where he says something to the effect of "Two paths diverged in the woods, and I took the one less travelled, and that has made all the difference". I think this encourages people to take risks and 'go against the grain' in certain situations, because the best way we can learn new things is by travelling a route that is unfamiliar and not often (or ever)travelled.
Most of these quotes are really inspiring, not just for teachers and students, but pretty much for anyone of all walks of life (they're universal, with only a few being specific to teaching). I loved this. Thank you for posting the link!

- panddisme - said...

I found this quote last year and posted it on my Facebook, its one of my favorites! I thought it goes along well with this topic.

"In a completely rational society, the best of us would be teachers and the rest of us would have to settle for something less, because passing civilization along from one generation to the next ought to be the highest honor and the highest responsibility anyone could have." -- Lee Iacocca

Brock said...

I agree 100% with the above quote, too bad the wages didn't reflect this :( Oh well, that's not why we chose this route, but it would be nice.